Consumer education and engagement are essential. We welcome conversations with the CPSC to collaborate on safety and education initiatives for parents and caregivers. This means safe sleep, infant feeding (including breastfeeding) and general product safety guidance. Parents and caregivers should always:
- Read all product instructions to ensure safe product use.
- Use infant products ONLY for supervised awake time.
- NEVER use nursing pillows or any other infant feeding support product for sleep.
- Follow safety guidance offered in the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Safe Sleep Guidelines and the CPSC’s Bare is Best campaign.
- Ask every caregiver you know to do the same.